Dragon Basics turns your spoken words into text much faster than you can type with up to 99% accuracy. It understands and executes simple voice commands so you can control your computer and popular applications just by talking. Dictate and edit documents, send email, search the Web and use social media with unparalleled speed, ease and comfort to accomplish more on your PC than you ever thought possible. Stop typing, start speaking — and doing.
The fastest and most accurate way to interact with your computer.
- Delivers up to 99% speech recognition accuracy right out of the box
- Talk naturally at normal speeds and your words appear on screen almost instantly, enabling you to dictate documents up to three time faster than you can type
- Eliminate spelling concerns and minimize corrections
- Enjoy superior reliability and performance with Dragon’s strong technology foundation
- Provides a personalized voice-driven experience
- Delivers accurate results the more you use it
- Dragon learns words and phrases you use the most, spelling even difficult words and proper names correctly
- Optional advanced training or analysis of existing documents and emails further enhance accuracy
- Smart Format Rules let you work your way; dictate naturally and the text appears as you intended it to
- Dragon just “gets” you and how you speak
- Performs with fast response times and minimal latency
- Talk at normal speeds and see words appear on the screen almost instantly
- Receive immediate feedback on what you say so you can check it right away
- Never lose a beat in your train of thought; Dragon captures your ideas as fast as you can speak them
Easy to get started, easy to master
- Dragon makes it easy to get started with speech recognition and to become proficient quickly with regular use. It’s also simple to explore more advanced features that can boost your productivity even further.
- Fast, easy set-up gets you using speech recognition in no time
- Helpful tutorials make it easy to become productive right away
- An intuitive design provides easy access to a rich and powerful feature set so you can realize ever-increasing productivity gains
Use your voice to dictate documents or enter text anywhere you normally type
Dragon eliminates barriers to productivity and creativity by letting you interact with your computer by voice. It turns your spoken thoughts into text and your voice commands into action so you don’t have to worry about the mechanics of typing and spelling.
- Think out loud
- Overcome writer’s block
- Express yourself more creatively
- Avoid spelling errors
- Capture ideas up to three times faster than typing
- Multitask thanks to hands-free interaction
- Enter text quickly in forms, chats, social media, blogs and more
- Edit and format documents — all by voice
Dragon not only lets you dictate up to three times faster than typing, but it also allows you to select text, make edits and apply formatting using your voice to make easy work of document creation. You can select text and apply formatting such as bold, underline, capitals and more, or just speak to make needed changes. Smart Format Rules automatically adapt to how you want abbreviations, numbers and more to appear, so you don’t have to correct them every time.
- Make edits and format text quickly — much faster than using your mouse to select text and the keyboard to type in changes
- Automatically format text to appear the way you want it to — every time
- Easily switch between typing and voice so you can use the mode of input you prefer for any given task
Command and control your computer all by voice
Launch applications, select menu items, execute key functions, switch between windows, search the Web, create and send emails and more — all by voice. It gives you the flexibility to:
- Work hands-free, if desired
- Experience more ergonomic comfort when working on your PC
- Feel less stress and strain on your body
- Multitask by using your voice to dictate and execute commands
Enjoy superior voice command and control in many popular applications
Dragon gives you robust voice command and control as well as Full Text Control (full voice-driven editing and command capabilities) within many popular applications you use every day so you can create documents and zip through computer tasks in record time. These capabilities are available for:
- Microsoft Word 2010 & 2013, WordPerfect X6 & X7, Notepad and more Gmail, Outlook.com, and Yahoo Mail, within Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome ...and more!
Choose your microphone option for freedom and flexibility
With automatic microphone detection, Dragon will conveniently show you which microphones are available for you to use. You have the option to use:
- The included Nuance-approved microphone
- Microphones built into many of the latest laptops, eliminating the need for a headset
- Any other Nuance-approved microphone. See support.nuance.com/compatibility for more information
The install process checks that your system meets the minimum requirements; if they are not met, Dragon NaturallySpeaking will not be installed.
- CPU: We recommend minimum 2.2 GHz Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor. Faster processors yield faster performance.
- Processor Cache: We recommend 2 MB L2 cache. (Minimum: 512 KB L2 cache)
- Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 8 and 8.1, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2, 64-bit
- Windows Server 2012 Standard Edition, 64-bit
- RAM: We recommend minimum 2 GB for 32-bit Windows 7, Windows 8 and 8.1, 4 GB for 64-bit Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 and Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012.
- Free hard disk space: 4 GB
- If installing from a download: three times as much space is initially needed (after the download is unpacked and installation completes, temporary files can be removed from the system). Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or higher for online help (free download at www.microsoft.com) Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 12 or higher, or Google Chrome 16 or higher are required in order to experience the enhanced capabilities in Gmail and Hotmail
- Sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- A DVD-ROM drive for installation
- A Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone (included in purchase). See details at support.nuance.com/compatibility/ (includes USB adapters and digital voice recorders).
- Note: An Internet connection is required for automatic product activation (a quick anonymous process).