Say goodbye to Wi-Fi dead zones. Convenient, discreet, and easy to install, extended Wi-Fi coverage is just an outlet away with this essentials edition extender. Boost your Wi-Fi for mobile devices and connect a wired device such as Smart TVs or game consoles. Boost your existing network range & speed, delivering Wi-Fi up to 300Mbps. External antennas provide better Wi-Fi coverage and higher speed, while the convenient wall-plug design saves space. It works with any standard Wi-Fi router & is ideal for keeping your mobile devices connected as you move throughout your home. The extender works like a bridge between a WiFi router (or a WiFi access point) and a WiFi device outside the range of the WiFi router. The extender performs two main jobs: The extender connects to a working WiFi network. When the extender connects over WiFi to an existing network, it functions as a network client, similar to how a WiFi device connects to a network. The extender acts as an access point for WiFi devices. We recommend that you connect through the extender network only when the WiFi device is in a “dead zone” where the connection from the existing network is poor or nonexistent. Data traffic routed through the extender is inherently slower than traffic routed directly from the network. System Requirements:802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz wireless router or gateway, Microsoft, Internet Explorer,5.0, Firefox 2.0 or Safari 1.4 or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
- EXTENDED WIRELESS COVERAGE: Adds WiFi range coverage up to 600 sq ft, and connects up to 10 devices such as laptops, smartphones, speakers, IP cameras, tablets, IoT devices, and more.
- N300 WIFI SPEED: Provides up to 300Mbps performance.
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: Works with any wireless router, gateway, or cable modem with WiFi.
- WIRED ETHERNET PORT: Simply plug in game consoles, streaming players, or other nearby wired devices using the one 10/100M port for maximum speed.
- SAFE & SECURE: Supports WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols.
- SIMPLE TO SETUP: Press the WPS button to connect to your router. Use the NETGEAR WiFi Analyzer app for optimal location.