WD (SATA-3) 3TB (RED) 64MB 5400RPM HDD
WD Red is the only hard drive designed for NAS systems that have 1-5 drive bays. The drives are designed and extensively tested for compatibility in the unique 24x7 operating environment and demanding system requirements of home and small office NAS.
WD eliminates the confusion. WD Red is the only hard drive designed for NAS systems that have 1 to 5 drive bays. The drives are designed and extensively tested for compatibility in the unique 24x7 operating environment and demanding system requirements of home and small business NAS.
With a 35% MTBF improvement over standard desktop drives, the WD Red drive is designed and manufactured to be a more reliable and robust solution.
The secret is in the technology–NASware
Advanced firmware technology built into every WD Red drive, enables seamless integration, robust data protection and optimal performance for systems operating in NAS and RAID environments.
Innovative technology reduces power consumption and lowers the operating temperature, resulting in a more reliable and affordable solution for always on 24x7 NAS environments.
3D Active balance Plus
Our enhanced dual-plane balance control technology significantly improves the overall drive performance and reliability. Hard drives that are not properly balanced may cause excessive vibration and noise in a multi-drive system, reduce the hard drive life span, and degrade the performance over time.
Exclusively for WD Red drive customers, free dedicated 24x7 support line.
- Interface SATA 6 Gb/s
- Formatted Capacity 3,000,592 MB
- User Sector per Drive 5,860,533,168
- Advanced Format (AF) Yes
- SATA Latching Connector Yes
- Form Factor 3.5 inch
- RoHS Compliant Yes
- Data Transfer Rate:
- -Buffer to Host (Max): 6Gb/s
- -Host to/from Drive (Typical): 145Mb/s
- Cache (MB): 64
- Rotational Speed (RPM): IntelliPower
- Reliability Data Integrity
- Load/Unload Cycles: 600,000
- Non-Recoverable Read Errors per Bits Read: <1 in 10
- MTBF (Hours): 1,000,000
- 12VDC (A, Peak): 1.73
- Average Power Requirements (W):
- -Read/Write: 4.4
- Idle: 4.1
- Standby: 0.6
- Sleep: 0.6
- Temperature (C on the Base Casting):
- -Operating: 0 to 70
- -Non-Operating: -40 to 70
- Shock (GS):
- -Operating (2ms Read/Write): 30
- -Operating (2ms Read): 65
- -Non-Operating (1ms): 350
- Average Acoustics:
- -Idle Mode: 23
- -Seek Mode: 24
- Item Dimension (L"xW"xH") 5.79 x 4 x 1.03
- Weight 1.61 lb