Ready to roll: Your basic apps
Windows gives you apps for the basics and a lot more. Apps like People, Mail, Photos, and Messaging power you through essential tasks and work together to make everything easier.
- Get email from your accounts - including Outlook, Gmail, and Yahoo! - all in one place.
- Seamless access to your files from your Windows apps, as well as from your other devices.
- See the latest info and start conversations with contacts from your email accounts, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- See your photos and videos in one place, whether they're on Facebook, Flickr, SkyDrive, or another PC.
- Browse and watch movies and shows. Watch on your PC or play to your TV.
- Explore, download, and listen to the latest songs and share your playlists.
- Send messages to a unified list of your Facebook and Messenger friends - includes hundreds of emoticons.
- Included with your PC or free from the Windows Store, Skype lets you do things together when you’re apart, with voice, video, and IM.
- If you want to run Windows 8 on your PC, here's what it takes:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver